POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HRDI, Radiosity and Jewelled Box : Re: HRDI, Radiosity and Jewelled Box Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HRDI, Radiosity and Jewelled Box
From: Janet
Date: 19 Sep 2006 21:55:00
Message: <web.45109f0e6712a6761851e3680@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>    As far as I know, HDRI works with, and without.  :)

Well, if you don't have any other light sources, and use non-reflective
objects in your scene, it seems like you have to use radiosity.

>     The gems look like a cabochon cut (smooth on the upper surface instead
> of faceted). Maybe a little more ior would make them stand out more? They
> look a little 'ghostly' at the moment?

I should try with ior, I was thinking that, but I got lazy. Plus, the
polygon count on this model is HUGE. It takes forever just to try stuff
out.
Anyway, I'm glad I posted this image, I am getting some good ideas from all
you nice guys.
Sean, aka s day, says "I find a combination of HDR and a light source still
help for getting good specular highlights."
So, yes, I should try these ideas.
Thanks!